RESIDENTS OF BURMA REGISTRATION RULES, 1951 (UNOFFICIAL TRANSLATION)1. This Rules shall be called the 1951 Residents of Myanmar Registration Rules.
2. In these Rules:-
"Act" means the 1949 Residents of Myanmar Registration Act.
"registered address" means an address of a person registered under the Act, recorded in the Registration List concerning the particulars of him or an address mentioned in the latest letter of intimation to effect changes of his address if he delivers such letter under rules 26.
"registration authority" means any person appointed under Section 3 of the Act or Article 3 of the Rules for the purpose of registration of residents of Myanmar.
"registration card" means a registration card issued under this Rules.
"temporary registration certificate" means a certificate issued in lieu of the registration card and a proof of identity valid for a certain period specified in the certificate.
(1) In order to carry out the provisions of the Act and Rules, the President may divide the registration areas within the Union of Myanmar as he thinks fit and appoint necessary registration officers and assistant registration officers.
(2) Headmen of the wards appointed under the Town Act and/or village headmen appointed under the Village Act shall perform the duties and responsibilities of the record keepers in their respective jurisdiction.
(3) Chief Registration Officer or any officer empowered by the Chief Registration Officer may appoint any volunteered data collector for any registration area or part of the area..
3. The Chief Registration Officer may direct any data collector to produce a testimonial admitting that he has performed his duties properly and empower any assistant registration officer in this regards.
4. If any person take care or take charge of any other person, he shall be deemed as guardian of the other person.
5. Whoever resides within the Union of Myanmar shall furnish the registration officer with authentic particulars in relation with essential facts to the best of his knowledge for the purpose of registration.
6. Whoever resides in any area within certain period hereinafter referred to as registration time frame set by Chief Registration Officer or any other officer empowered to this effect shall furnish the respective record keeper or data collector with his personal particulars, mentioned in form 1 attached to these rules for the purpose of registration. Provided that the guardian shall furnish personal particulars of the ward in case the latter is the ward of the former.
7. (1) The data collector shall make the registration list relating to the persons residing within his jurisdiction by preparing three sets of Form 1 recording the personal particulars mentioned in it.
(2) Whoever when required by the record keeper or data collector to reduce the signature on registration forms, registration card and identity card, is responsible to do so accordingly. Should the said person be illiterate, he shall place his fingerprint in lieu of signature. Record keeper or data collector shall endorse the authenticity of signature or fingerprint of the said person.. Any acquaintance of the record keeper and/or data collector shall give evidence identifying who the said person is.
(3) Whoever when necessary to bring the registration card along with him 8. (3). If any person, under this rule, is in need of carrying the cards, there should be the respective Registration card, TRC and registration forms with each photo concerned. Besides this, Registration Authority should be permitted to take photographs in this regard.
9. Data Collectors shall provide the records to Record-keeper. The Record-keeper shall inquire the data-entry in the records whether it has been done completely in a proper way to his satisfaction. Then, he shall perform necessary amendment to his opinion in the records. The record-keeper shall then send the records to ARO. ARO shall take necessary action in this regard in order to issue the card.
10. The ARO shall check the records and sign. Each copy of these records shall be sent to Record-keeper and RO.
11. RO, ARO and the Record-keeper shall be obliged to keep safely the registration records of the wards supervised by him. Then for the whole Union, the particulars of registration shall be written on the index-cards. The index-cards shall be kept
by the Chief Registration Officer.
12. When the ARO receives the registration records, he shall issue each card to each person of properly entry in the record if he has already attained the age of 12.
13. (1). This record-keeper may issue TRC for any of the following reasons:
(a). If record-keeper suppose that entry in the registration record has been done completely in a proper way.
(b). If an application is submitted to issue the another card in lieu of the card, which is lost or damage or faded out.
(c). If there is specific reasons by general or special order.
(2). The TRC must be in accord with form (3) attached to the back of this rules.
(3). The validity duration of TRC may be restricted by fixing a deadline.
(4). The holder of TRC shall surrender his card to record-keeper within 7 days after validity of the card expires. The record-keeper may reissue that card endorsing it for validity extension as and when necessary or he may issue new TRC.
(5). The holder of the TRC, when receives the registration card instead of TRC, shall hand-over that TRC to the recordkeeper. However, relating to the matters under rule 4 and 5, if TRC is subject to the ward of another person, the guardian shall hand-over that card.
14. In case a registered person was not issued a card because of under age, the guardian of that person shall apply for the card to the Record-keeper within 30 days after that person has attained the age of 12 years. But, if the registered person is not ward of another person he is responsible to apply the card by self to Record-keeper.
15. The Record-keeper must be responsible to issue the registration card or TRC properly to the concerned person of that card or to the guardian if the concerned person is a ward of another person.
16. The person concerned or the guardian concerned to the Registration card or TRC, when received that card must be responsible to maintain that card not to be contrary of provisions under section 29.
17. No one is allowed to make any mark or any statement on the Registration card or TRC. No one is allowed to erase or change any mark or statement on the registration card or TRC. No one is allowed to fade or spoil the Registration Cardor TRC. But, the provisions under this rule shall not apply to the matters done by any Registration Authority or any
instructions of Chief Registration Officer.
18. The person concerned to Registration Card or TRC or the guardian of that person shall not hand-over that Registration Card or TRC to another person.
19. If the Registration card or TRC is lost, damaged or faded, the holder of the card or the person responsible to keeping the card shall inform Record-keeper to this regard and to give one Kyat fee to him. Provided that ARO has thought the reasons fit in that case, may exempt anybody from providing the fee. Whenever the card or TRC is faded out, such of
those shall be handed-over to record-keeper with a complaint. The Record-keeper or ARO shall take necessary action inorder to issue a new card in lieu of Registration Card or TRC as to the concerned person's necessary thereof.
20. Whoever finds a lost Registration Card or TRC shall hand it over as soon as possible to the record-keeper of where the card was found.
21. Whenever the registered person dies, his Registration Card or TRC shall be handed over to the Record-keeper within 7 days.
22. Whenever the registered person, under the act, is terminated from being registered the complaint to the regard of such termination, shall be sent to ARO or any other person empowered by the Chief RO to accept the complaint thereof as soon as possible. As soon as the complaint is sent, the Registration Card or TRC shall be provided to the said Officer or the person empowered.
23. Whenever, anyone is in the possession of extra Registration Card or TRC not concerning him or not relating to the ward he shall hand it over to record-keeper urgently.
24. Whenever, anyone is in the possession of extra Registration Card or TRC concerning him or relating to the ward, he shall hand it over to the Record-keeper urgently.
25. Whenever anyone, departs temporarily from his registered address, for a period continuously more than one month, he has to inform that of such departure to the record-keeper of his registered address or present address.
26. (1). A registered person, whenever changes his address, shall inform such change under the provision of sub-rule (2).
Provided that, if a person is a ward of a person, the guardian shall inform in this regard.
(2). A person arriving at in new address has to inform in writting within 3 days the Record-keeper of his new address in this regard. When having informed, Registration Card or TRC shall be handed over to Record-keeper .
(3). If it is TRC, the Record-keeper must issue that card after enclosed on it. Or new TRC must be issued. In this regard, ARO shall be reported.
(4). If it is Registration Card, the record-keeper must issue TRC in lieu of Registration Card to that person and submit the said card with his report to ARO. The ARO has to issue the said Registration after endorsed it or he must issue a new Registration Card.
27. (1). If any registered person has any changes on the their grounds except the address provided when registered, shall inform such changes accordingly under the provision of sub rule (2). Provided that, if a person is a ward of a person, the guardian shall inform in this regard.
(2). A person shall inform the changes to the record keeper in writing within 30 days after having changed in such a way. When have if informed, he has to hand-over the Registration card or TRC of his possession to the record keeper.
(3). If it is TRC, the record keeper must issue that card after endorsed it or new TRC shall be issued. Then, in this regard, ARO shall be informed.
(4). If it is the Registration card, the record keeper must issue TRC in lieu of Registration card to that person and submit the said card with his report to ARO. The ARO has to issue the said Registration card after endorsed it or he must issuea new Registration card.
(5). The record keeper and ARO have to perform necessary preparations in the Registers which the said persons are responsible to maintain safely.
28. (1). A person not being Registered yet, for a region under this rule, after cessation of specify duration of Registration, whenever resides in the said region, shall inform in written, to the respective record keeper, prescribing necessary facts in order to register within the three days after arrival at the region. The record keeper shall take action as to register the
person thereof. However, if a person is a ward of a person, the guardian shall inform, describing the particulars of that person.
(2). For any region under rule (7), after cessation of specify duration of registration, if there has been a birth, the guardian of the child, within 7 days after such birth, shall inform to record keeper describing the necessary particulars in order to register the child.
29. (1). Provided that anything here in contained in rule (16), the holder of the Registration card or TRC, who is either the ward or not of the another person, shall carry the card with him/her when defence to the outside of boundary of registered address of Township. However if the town in which a person registered his address, is not contained within the
township, he is no need to carry the card unless he defence to the boundary outside of the Town.
(2). The registered authorities and others empowered by the President's Notifications in this regard, shall have the power to submit Registration card or TRC in order to check.
(3). If the holder of Registration card or TRC is summoned to submit the card in the registered address, he has to do so promptly as to summon. However, the guardian shall submit the Registration card or TRC relates to the ward of another person.
(4.) If a holder o Registration card or TRC is summoned to submit that Registration card or that TRC in the arriving address when he is departing from registered address, he shall submit promptly as to the summon if he is the ward of another person or not. If he summoned to submit the Registration card or TRC in the office of Registration Authority, he
shall to submit within the specify duration by that authority or the person empowered.
(5). Any person, for his resident region under rule (7), after expiration of specific duration of registration, whenever happens to regard with this act or rules, shall inform to respective record keeper within 30 days after regarding thereof. The record keeper shall take necessary action in order to register such person.
30. The Chief Registration Officer, under this act section 3, subsection 2 or rule 3 may issue the instructions or summons specially or generally to the employees as he thinks in order to do their works properly. The person who receives the said instructions/summons shall perform in accordance with them thereof.
31. Whoever contravene the provisions of this rule, shall be taken legal action under this act section 6, subsection 2.
32. Notwithstanding anything contained in the above rules, the President may make amendments or exceptions as he thinks fit when apply this rules to the menders of the religious orders or any sort of persons.
33. Notwithstanding anything in the above rules, the foreigners shall be exempted from the application of the said rules other than rule 29 and 31.
34. However, (a). The registered foreigners under 1940 Foreigner Registration rules shall be deemed that they are being registered under these rules. Then,
(b). For the matters in the rule 29 and 31, the registration card issued under 1940 Foreigner Registration Rules shall be deemed that the card is issued under these rules.